I have decided that if I am going to tilt at windmills, I need to do it on my blog. Facebook is not the place to express my views, opinions, hopes, and dreams for this country, for this world. I am not seeking affirmation or challenging others on their views, but I welcome any feedback. I have discovered that many of the men and women that have crossed my path, both professionally and personally, are out there and because of our time together have established a connection that I value and am grateful to be able to engage. We all share the oath we took, some many times over, and believe so very strongly in the core of that pledge, to serve our country and to defend it using our combined strength and will. I hope that my shipmates, friends, and family will use this blog to discuss, argue, and seek solutions and answers to the things/issues/concerns that need answers and our commitment to see through to resolution.
Popular posts from this blog
Keeping Busy As A Substitute Teacher
Assignment recently in Civics class, 7th graders. Studying the American colonial days of the 1600s and early 1700s. I did some enrichment research to explain about indentured servitude. Introduction Although it most famously appeared during the 17th century as a means for facilitating transatlantic migration and providing labor in England’s early American colonies, indentured servitude has manifested itself in many forms during its long history. Indentured servants were individuals who bargained away their labor for a period of four to seven years in exchange for passage to the New World. In the 17th century, indentured servants made up the mass of English immigrants to the Chesapeake colonies and were central to the development of the tobacco economy. Large numbers of indentured servants could also be found in the English West Indian colonies, but they were replaced by enslaved African laborers by the end of the century as cash-crop agriculture (particularly sugar) and plantation...
A BETTER NAVY
The Navy is doing another sweeping "high" level examination of training and education to address Training and Education have always been the lesser career path with career-making billets aimed at Washington staff tours, aide duty, or graduate school for junior officers. The Navy Training and Education command has been shifted to lower echelon and is now a two-star command. As with our sister services, Training and Education should be headed by a four-star and he/she should be third in power and influence, behind CNO and VCNO, and exercise a heavy hammer with the fleet commanders and force commanders on training, readiness, and education programs targeted to meet and support and improve Fleet readiness and operational proficiency. Fleet Training schoolhouses should be on the waterfront using classrooms and technology tailored to the ships and squadrons in each port of base of Fleet concentration. Using the availability of ships and squadrons and the experienced leaders...

Comments
Post a Comment