I have decided that if I am going to tilt at windmills, I need to do it on my blog. Facebook is not the place to express my views, opinions, hopes, and dreams for this country, for this world.
I am not seeking affirmation or challenging others on their views, but I welcome any feedback. 
I have discovered that many of the men and women that have crossed my path, both professionally and personally, are out there and because of our time together have established a connection that I value and am grateful to be able to engage. 
We all share the oath we took, some many times over, and believe so very strongly in the core of that pledge, to serve our country and to defend it using our combined strength and will.
I hope that my shipmates, friends, and family will use this blog to discuss, argue, and seek solutions and answers to the things/issues/concerns that need answers and our commitment to see through to resolution. 

Comments

  1. I did not know about your blog, Jim, until this morning. I agree that Facebook is not for serious discussion. I enjoy Facebook as a means of keeping in communication with friends and family. It gets a little tiresome to be constantly bombarded with ads and fanatical untruths about what ever is the political/social issue of the week. It bothers me that so many Americans accept whatever they see on the internet as factual as long as it agrees with their own philosophy. I have been defriended because at one time in my life, I tried to present an alternative set of facts. Oh well, so much for friendly discourse on Facebook. Now I just keep it fluffy. Good luck on getting participation within your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, I have had the same experience and at one time lower my friends to 19. As I have built up with friends and acquaintances, I realized i wanted to discuss important issues and concerns and here what is on other people's mind about things they care about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Up a Navy Junior. 1947-1965

Keeping Busy As A Substitute Teacher

Blue and Gold Officer Summer Training - July 2010